- Olive oil spray
- 2 cups cauliflower florets , fresh or frozen
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic , minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line two rimmed trays with baking paper and spray them with olive oil.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave on high until tender, stirring midway through cooking. Frozen florets will need a total cooking time of about 7 minutes. Fresh florets will need a total cooking time of about 5 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower florets well and place on a clean kitchen towel to dry. Add them to your food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the eggs, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper to the food processor bowl. Process to combine.
- Add the almond flour and the cheddar and process until well combined.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheets. Each baking sheet should have 12 bites, evenly spaced. Gently flatten them, just a little, with the back of a spoon.
- Spray the tots with olive oil spray. Bake until the bottoms are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Flip to the other side, gently flatten some more, spray with more oil, and bake until set, about 10 more minutes. Serve with salsa or your favourite dipping sauce.
1 Bite per serving, 20 servings per recipe.
- Calories = 64
- Carbohydrates = 1.7 grams
- Protein = 3.5 grams
- Fat = 5.2 grams